“Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” – Swami Sivananda
The Alpha Agent is our sales process to help any producer improve their results and increase their bottom end. The Alpha Agent will help you transform your process with proven and studied science of psychology and sales. The Alpha Agent will help you become a top producer in your industry! The “Alpha” is typically the “leader of the pack” in the animal kingdom. The Alpha Agent is the top producer among his or her peers.
I think that it is a safe bet that most people want success in their jobs and careers. For those in the selling profession, this means being a top producer and a top income earner while providing exceptional levels of customer satisfaction. We call this the “Alpha Agent!” We have never bought into the myth that salespeople are simply born. The fact is that they make good personal choices and are well-trained. Those who have achieved top success possess a number of qualities in common that we want to share with you here in a 12 part checklist to selling success:
1) Alpha Agents understand that the selling profession is one of service to others, not simply service to self. It is because of this service that they are rewarded with plenty of financial and positive emotional currency.
2) Alpha Agents develop a passion for what they are doing. They don’t necessarily start with a passion, although some have it from the outset, others certainly learn to “love’” and “value” what they do each day.
3) Alpha Agents never allow themselves to believe that their brains are full. In other words, they never think that they “know it all”. This allows them to have an open mind, allowing them to explore the teachings and skills of others.
This places them, always, on the quest for new ideas, tips, secrets or techniques that will give them an edge on their competitors. They fully understand the concept that “you must stay green in order to grow”. The marketplace is in a constant state of change, therefore new ideas are essential for the Alpha Agent’s long-term success.
4) Alpha Agents are goal setters and goal adjusters. They understand that goals are their personal road maps to success. People without goals drift through life rather than going through life ‘on purpose’.
5) Alpha Agents live in the present and move toward the future. They understand that they can do absolutely nothing to alter the past, they can only help determine the future through their “NOW” decisions and actions. They let go of the past, except to learn lessons from it.
6) Alpha Agents are gentle with themselves and with others. They hold themselves accountable for their actions and make positive adjustments when those actions do not deliver the desired results. They don’t beat themselves up needlessly, nor do they look for others to blame when they encounter difficulties. They understand that everyone does the best they can at the moment, based on their current knowledge and awareness.
7) Alpha Agents embrace change because they understand that change is at the core of the growth process. They understand that they can’t improve without experiencing and enjoying change.
8) Alpha Agents don’t buy in to the term “I give up”. They are not discouraged by a setback or even multiple setbacks. They embrace setbacks as learning opportunities and accept them as examples of what did not work. This allows adjustments to be made for future opportunities. They keep looking and moving forward.
9) Alpha Agents understand that success is not a destination, rather, it is a never-ending journey to be savored.
10) Alpha Agents treat all customers with total respect. They understand that it is their customers that ultimately are the people who pay them. Without customers there is no payday. When they look after the customers’ needs, their need to get paid will be fulfilled.
11) Alpha Agents contribute to a positive working environment for their fellow salespeople, their support staff and their employers because all help them get paid. A positive working environment is far more productive than a negative one.
12) Alpha Agents work towards providing their customers with an enjoyable experience throughout the entire buying process. Customers buy much more often when they “feel good”.
While this list is not exhaustive, it does encompass many of the qualities of Alpha Agents. It is worthwhile to point out that none of these qualities are ones that someone needs to be born with in order to have tremendous success in a selling career. They are all skills that can be chosen, learned and developed.
If everything is working perfectly in your life and in your selling career, don’t change a thing. However, if something isn’t working quite as well as you would like, then changes are needed. The good news is, this is something that is entirely within your personal control. Einstein once said, that his definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result. Hmm, that makes sense to me. How does it resonate with you?
Lateef Warnick and his team of Alphamists are here to help you, your team and/or business! We provide innovate, hands-on training to help improve sales results for any business sales team!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
“Lateef is a wonderful writer and spiritual leader. He is on a mission to bring spiritual guidance to the world through his books and website.”
“I had the opportunity to get to know Lateef as a member of the Atlanta Urban League Young Professionals. As President of this great organization, I had the opportunity to interact with active members of the organization. Lateef was a member that participated in many of the professional development workshops and always willing to assist and lead different activities. Lateef was a member that you can count on to make a difference and always be counted on for community service activities. It was a pleasure to have Lateef as an active member of the Urban League family.”
William Bryant JrPerformance Coach/External Consultant
“I had the pleasure of getting acquainted with Mr. Warnick while attending Savannah State University. We were both members of the Navy ROTC Unit. I had the opportunity to being exposed to his great leadership, integrity & administrative ability.”
Rochelle Mack-TateSocial Worker
“Lateef is a pioneer and his work embodies the core of Jesuit/Ignatian spirituality: “Finding God in All Things.” While many of us will compartmentalize our professional and personal lives, Lateef is working to integrate supporting both individuals and groups to integrate every aspect of their lives so that each person is a channel for the divine.”
Frank DeVitoSpiritual & Educational Entrepreneur
“Lateef possesses a phenomenal intellect that has served him well in all endeavors.”
Capt Godfrey WeekesLand Attack Dept Officer
“I’ve known Lateef since we were students at Savannah State University. He and I served as midshipmen at the Universities’ Naval ROTC unit, where he served as a constant motivator for me and the other student leaders. Occasionally, Lateef would also tutor me on especially difficult mathematics concepts. Through his selfless dedication to me and the other NROTC midshipmen, Lateef displayed his caring leadership, attention to detail, tireless work ethic and dependability. Lateef is a real team player, leader and mentor. He would make an excellent member of any leadership team.”
Daniel KalsonProgram Specialist
“I am happy to recommend Lateef for any work that your organization needs. He is well versed at management issues, multi-talented, positive, energetic, and an excellent problem solver. His mind moves quickly and thinks of important solutions that will not only get the task done earlier but done in an innovative manner. Hire him today for any consulting projects in editorial, social media, or even engineering needs–he is well versed in many backgrounds!”
Tim KaviFreelance Writer
“Lateef Warnick promotes openness, diversity and tolerance, but more importantly the appreciation of good qualities in others. Paradoxical as it may sound, I think Lateef has managed to combine and connect his business and financial skills, and to some extent, his military training to create something much bigger, but also much more fundamental – a spiritual grounding! Lateef as a result of this spiritual wellness through his Concept YOUtopia & 1 S.O.U.L forum, encourages others to share their spiritual experiences, beliefs and insights thus promoting openness and diversity.”
“Lateef is an enthusiastic, friendly and qualified person whose energy is infectious. He knows what he wants and is willing to achieve that goal. He has a background of hard work and training and his ambition and discipline will not only achieve what he seeks but will help everyone he works with. He is destined for great things.”
Dr Derek LamarDirector
“Lateef is a self starter! He is definitely a man who wears many hats. Lateef is an accomplished author who has a special gift when it comes to motivating people. I am proud of the fact that I have crossed paths with such an outstanding individual.”
Fred Ogletree MBADirector
“Lateef is an amazing professional. He operates with a very high work ethic putting in the time to provide consistently high quality. I most value his willingness to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done.”
Marlon AndrewsBusiness Management
“As a Christian, I’m a practitioner of Indian yoga and Buddhist mindfulness meditation. In addition, I’ve spent many years observing and participating in the ceremonies of the Ojibwe Uti and Lakota tribes. I’m also a lifelong student of comparative religion and philosophy. This gives me a good background to evaluate Lateef’s knowledge of spiritual disciplines like Yoga. He has a good overall knowledge of spiritual practices, metaphysics, new thought and mysticism. I believe his spiritual background and knowledge, as well as his previous Navy and business backgrounds, give him much insight and expertise to be the CEO of his current spiritual social network.”
Randy KempB2B Technology Writer