Licensed Insurance Agent
For many people, finding a great insurance agent is just as cumbersome as finding good affordable insurance: if you try to handle it yourself, you struggle in an effort to find a diamond in the rough and you end up with buyer’s remorse. But there are no “agents” for finding insurance agents: finding the right one is up to you. Whether you’ve recently moved and need homeowners insurance, bought a car and need auto insurance, had a baby and need health insurance, got married and need life insurance, run a business and need commercial insurance or simply need someone fresh, if you’re reading this it means that you’ll have to acquire some insurance in the near future. And you need to know that you’re working with someone you can trust.
So what’s someone who doesn’t have a lot of experience in buying insurance going to do? Well, there’s the typical, easy route of looking up insurance agents on Google and placing a phone call to the person who ends up at he top of the list. But Internet rankings aren’t enough to guarantee you both the best price and the best quality of coverage: if you want to find an insurance agent who can really help you out, ten it’s time to put a little effort into it.
But you won’t achieve this by shooting darts in the dark. In this guide, we’ll tell you all about finding insurance agents – what to look for in an in-person meeting, how to find ones with less traditional means, etc. – and you’re going to find the best quotes whether you’re looking for health insurance, car insurance, life insurance, or something else.
Of course, while you can’t do this sitting on your butt, we hope you’ll take the time to check out this buyer’s guide to insurance agents. The best way to read it is to keep a pen and paper handy so that you can write down the key points you hear and anything else that strikes you as something you’ll want to keep in mind. Keep reading and in no time you’ll be ready to find a few insurance agents that are looking to provide you with a deal – not just add to their bottom line.
What makes a good insurance agent?
Being an insurance salesman doesn’t always have a great connotation. It can be like a career in law: even though you might have a noble profession, you can find yourself to be the butt of a lot of jokes. But insurance salesman don’t have to resemble used car salesman: many are looking out for their customers and use their people skills to find deals that benefit both parties. This is what you want to find.
If you want to find it, of course, you’ll have to know how to recognize it. So here are a few tips for finding an insurance agent that is actually looking out for you.
- The aforementioned “good deal” test. Come to your insurance agent well-prepared and ask them what they can do for you considering the deals you were able to find on your own. A good, creative insurance agent looks at this as a challenge rather than an insult and will be willing to work with you to find something from their insurance provider that works for you. You’d be surprised how many insurance agents will actually pass this test – after all, insurance salesman are looking to make a sale. It doesn’t really matter to them what kind of insurance you get as long as you make a purchase. Some insurance salesman might be a little pushier and try to get you to commit to more than you wanted, but don’t be surprised to see that many insurance salesman know that a small sale is better than no sale at all.
- Word-of-mouth reviews. Google reviews are too up-and-down to take too seriously; instead, worry about the word-of-mouth reviews that you can find from people you know. Ask around the community you live in. Ask people you know. Find the best insurance agent through the best marketing method known out there: word-of-mouth marketing. Try to get a review or two rather than simply rely on one person’s views – then act upon what you keep hearing from other people. If you find a really good insurance agent with this method, you’ll find that it’s almost impossible for them not to deliver the goods.
- Find quotes first. Sometimes, an insurance salesman won’t exactly wow you, but they’ll be the ones to make your signup to an insurance policy as smooth as possible. When you find the good quotes first, this is all you really need from an insurance agent. That’s the kind of forward-thinking you’ll want in your quest to find the right policy for you, but remember: an insurance agent still can help you out. Don’t assume that you’ll have to get with their program before you sign anything. Make sure they get with your program. Tell them what you need and what it would take for you to consider leaving another quote behind and signing up with their policy.
- Pay attention to how the insurance agent interacts with you. When an insurance agent seems too eager to sign you up without asking the types of questions that would need to be answered to find your ideal policy, then you know that your insurance agent is in too big of a hurry to make the sale. This isn’t necessarily the worst thing in the world, and many good insurance agents can make this mistake, but you’ll have to be the one to correct it. Don’t let an insurance agent talk you into a policy simply because they act like they expect you to sign. A good insurance agent will be able to close the deal without being pushy; they’ll be action-oriented while taking your individual considerations to heart. Pay close attention to how an insurance agent deals with you and you’ll get an idea of how they’ll treat you down the line, too.
Obviously that’s a lot of information to absorb. But if you remember the key points about being able to find a good insurance agent you should have no problem sticking to a few of the strategies listed above. Remember that action is just as important as knowledge: unless you act on these tips, you can’t really be sure they’ll work or not! Explore Farm Bureau!
Lateef Warnick is an independent licensed financial advisor holding his Series 7, 66, 215 & 220 licenses which allows him to provide fee based financial services, provide financial and investment advice, solicit and sell financial products as well as life insurance, health insurance, annuities, property & casualty products such as auto, home, boat, flood etc. He is licensed and registered to sell financial products in the state of FL and any of the other 50 states and U.S. territories he registers with. World Financial Group, Inc. (WFG) is a financial services marketing company whose affiliates offer a broad array of financial products and services. Insurance products offered through World Financial Group Insurance Agency.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
Subscribe to Blog via Email
“Lateef is a wonderful writer and spiritual leader. He is on a mission to bring spiritual guidance to the world through his books and website.”
“I had the opportunity to get to know Lateef as a member of the Atlanta Urban League Young Professionals. As President of this great organization, I had the opportunity to interact with active members of the organization. Lateef was a member that participated in many of the professional development workshops and always willing to assist and lead different activities. Lateef was a member that you can count on to make a difference and always be counted on for community service activities. It was a pleasure to have Lateef as an active member of the Urban League family.”
William Bryant JrPerformance Coach/External Consultant
“I had the pleasure of getting acquainted with Mr. Warnick while attending Savannah State University. We were both members of the Navy ROTC Unit. I had the opportunity to being exposed to his great leadership, integrity & administrative ability.”
Rochelle Mack-TateSocial Worker
“Lateef is a pioneer and his work embodies the core of Jesuit/Ignatian spirituality: “Finding God in All Things.” While many of us will compartmentalize our professional and personal lives, Lateef is working to integrate supporting both individuals and groups to integrate every aspect of their lives so that each person is a channel for the divine.”
Frank DeVitoSpiritual & Educational Entrepreneur
“Lateef possesses a phenomenal intellect that has served him well in all endeavors.”
Capt Godfrey WeekesLand Attack Dept Officer
“I’ve known Lateef since we were students at Savannah State University. He and I served as midshipmen at the Universities’ Naval ROTC unit, where he served as a constant motivator for me and the other student leaders. Occasionally, Lateef would also tutor me on especially difficult mathematics concepts. Through his selfless dedication to me and the other NROTC midshipmen, Lateef displayed his caring leadership, attention to detail, tireless work ethic and dependability. Lateef is a real team player, leader and mentor. He would make an excellent member of any leadership team.”
Daniel KalsonProgram Specialist
“I am happy to recommend Lateef for any work that your organization needs. He is well versed at management issues, multi-talented, positive, energetic, and an excellent problem solver. His mind moves quickly and thinks of important solutions that will not only get the task done earlier but done in an innovative manner. Hire him today for any consulting projects in editorial, social media, or even engineering needs–he is well versed in many backgrounds!”
Tim KaviFreelance Writer
“Lateef Warnick promotes openness, diversity and tolerance, but more importantly the appreciation of good qualities in others. Paradoxical as it may sound, I think Lateef has managed to combine and connect his business and financial skills, and to some extent, his military training to create something much bigger, but also much more fundamental – a spiritual grounding! Lateef as a result of this spiritual wellness through his Concept YOUtopia & 1 S.O.U.L forum, encourages others to share their spiritual experiences, beliefs and insights thus promoting openness and diversity.”
“Lateef is an enthusiastic, friendly and qualified person whose energy is infectious. He knows what he wants and is willing to achieve that goal. He has a background of hard work and training and his ambition and discipline will not only achieve what he seeks but will help everyone he works with. He is destined for great things.”
Dr Derek LamarDirector
“Lateef is a self starter! He is definitely a man who wears many hats. Lateef is an accomplished author who has a special gift when it comes to motivating people. I am proud of the fact that I have crossed paths with such an outstanding individual.”
Fred Ogletree MBADirector
“Lateef is an amazing professional. He operates with a very high work ethic putting in the time to provide consistently high quality. I most value his willingness to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done.”
Marlon AndrewsBusiness Management
“As a Christian, I’m a practitioner of Indian yoga and Buddhist mindfulness meditation. In addition, I’ve spent many years observing and participating in the ceremonies of the Ojibwe Uti and Lakota tribes. I’m also a lifelong student of comparative religion and philosophy. This gives me a good background to evaluate Lateef’s knowledge of spiritual disciplines like Yoga. He has a good overall knowledge of spiritual practices, metaphysics, new thought and mysticism. I believe his spiritual background and knowledge, as well as his previous Navy and business backgrounds, give him much insight and expertise to be the CEO of his current spiritual social network.”
Randy KempB2B Technology Writer